While you don’t have to prepare to attend an EN Thompson Forum on World Issues event, if you’d like to do some background work on our speakers, here are some resources for you.
Nadia Murad September 17, 2019 - 6:00 p.m.
“From the Front Lines: Human Rights, Sex Trafficking, and the Survival of the Yazidi People”
By Nadia Murad
About Nadia Murad
- Nadia Murad carries the fight for traumatised Yazidis by Emma Graham-Harrison
- The Nobel Interview: Nadia Murad and Denis Mukwege on Sexual Violence as a Weapon of War
- Nadia Murad: The making of an activist by Brett Milano
- Nadia Murad Explains The Blueprint To Help Religious Communities In Iraq by Ewelina U. Ochab
- Trailer for On Her Shoulders: A Documentary About Nadia Murad
Leymah Gbowee October 2, 2019 - 6:00 p.m.
“Mighty Be Our Powers: Building Women, Building Peace”
Brief background info
By Leymah Gbowee
- Unlock the Intelligence, Passion, Greatness of Girls
- To Change the World, Let Refugee Women Lead
- Mighty Be Our Powers: How Sisterhood, Prayer, and Sex Changed a Nation at War
About Leymah Gbowee
- Sex Strikes Have a Long and Controversial History as a Tool of Women's Protest by Jack Denton
- Nobel Peace Laureate Leymah Gbowee defines what it means to be a true leader by Alexandra Gibbs
- Gbowee Talks About Winning Nobel Peace Prize from NPR interview
- The Ms. Q&A: How Leymah Gbowee Turned Anger into Action by Emily Sernaker
Farah Pandith October 8, 2019 - 6:00 p.m.
"How We Win: Mobilizing Youth in the Fight Against Violent Extremism”
By Farah Pandith
- How We Win: How Cutting-Edge Entrepreneurs, Political Visionaries, Enlightened Business Leaders, and Social Media Mavens Can Defeat the Extremist Threat
- Extremism Is Riyadh’s Top Export
- Young social media ‘influencers’ are the key to fighting terrorism
- Muslim Millennials: The Lure of Sheikh Google
- The Female Face of Terror
- Engage Muslim Millennials
About Farah Pandith
- Beyond The Revolution A 2012 Interview with Farah Pandith
- Why Young Muslims Need To Hear From Former Extremists an interview by NPR
- How Do We 'Win' Against White Nationalist And Jihadist Extremists?
- We Have Been Lazy on Hate by Conner Friedersdorf
- The Terrorists Can Be Beaten But Not The Way We're Trying by Tarin Harshaw